Plan 9 operating system for the Raspberry Pi – demonstration by Richard Miller

There’s not much I can say about this except that it’s tremendously impressive – if you’re a bit of a geek (like me). If you think computers are all about fancy-pants graphics and visual effects, this one might not be for you. Wink


Richard Miller demonstrated his recently finished Raspberry Pi port of the Plan 9 operating system at the Oxford Raspberry Jam in November 2012. I caught most of it on film.


Plan 9 is a very lightweight and powerful operating system that is written for software developers. I find it very impressive indeed. Hope you like it. At the end Richard recompiles the kernel in a little over a minute.



One of the things Richard said while I was not filming was that the hardest part was writing the USB driver.






via RasPi.tv http://raspi.tv/2012/plan-9-operating-system-for-the-raspberry-pi-demonstration-by-richard-miller

Comentários

Mensagens populares